The Pancreatic Cancer Journey that our family is on took us all by surprise. It is not a trip we had planned. Nor is it a journey we'd recommend!
But our detour in life is well under way, and with each curve, dip and bump in the road, we've learned how to stay the course. To be honest, there have been a few trips through the ditch, and several roll-overs, but we're still here, still forging ahead.
Perhaps you or a loved one is manuevering through this cancer obstacle course too. We would be honored if you would join us for a spell, and share the journey together.
Our Personal Experience Truly Founded the Pancreatic Cancer Journey.
Our mom was 70 when she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the fall of 2010. She is an amazing, funny, strong woman. And a retired nurse. She knows a thing or two about disease. From the beginning she chose to fight with every weapon available to her. We've journaled her battles as honestly as we can, defeats and victories all included, here in this website.
To read about our story, click on the About Me link on the left hand side of this page. We'd give anything to not be here on this journey with cancer. Seems that we weren't asked for our opinion! I think it was Randy Pausch who said, "We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." So true. And that is what we're doing, playing the hand one card at a time.
This website is all about providing information, advice and support. Giving hope, inspiration, and a huge dose of optimism.
It is our story. Our journey.
Here you will find:
* Reliable advice on navigating the often frightening, overwhelming medical maze of today's cancer protocols.
* Our reviews on what treatments have worked for us (and which have not)
* Techniques to deal with the very unpredictable and emotional roller coaster ride this cancer diagnosis brings
* Practical strategies to cope with all areas of life during this uncertain time
* And Encouragement, Support and Comfort to the family and caregivers who stand shoulder to shoulder with their loved ones as they too walk this road.
It is my goal to create a valuable resource that will help you on your own journey. Information that may ease the burden of not knowing what's ahead, advice and tips that you can turn to, and questions answered that only another pancreatic cancer patient and family can answer.
This website is continually being updated as new steps are taken and experienced on our own journey. Be sure to visit from time to time to get the latest news. You can click on The Journey on the left side of this page to get a brief overview of mom's cancer story. It's our journal of the actual events on this journey.
I promise that you will find hope and encouragement to face whatever lies in your path. It is my desire to lift your heart this day.
You are not alone. We are walking the same road.
Together is better,
- Our Pancreatic Cancer Story
- This is our pancreatic cancer story. Set up as a cancer timeline, it gives a brief description of our pancreatic cancer journey.
- The Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis
- Early detection is key to a successful outcome. Discover the symptoms that lead to a pancreatic cancer diagnosis.
- The Pancreatic Cancer Prognosis
- The pancreatic cancer prognosis is a candid discussion of your chance of recovery from this serious disease.
- Pancreatic Cancer Treatment Options
- A clear break-down of the pancreatic cancer treatment options available to cancer patients today.
- The Side Effects of Cancer Treatment
- Manage the side effects of cancer with these tips from a pancreatic cancer survivor.
- Our Hospital Guide For Dummies
- Our hospital guide for dummies will have you navigating the confusing maze of hospital protocols in no time. Take it from a pancreatic cancer patient, hospital stays don't have to be so overwhelming!
- End of Life Issues
- End of life discussions are what we call Time for the Hard Stuff. Never easy to talk about, but oh so important to start the dialogue now.
- Alternative Pancreatic Cancer Treatment
- Is there an alternative pancreatic cancer treatment out there that really works? From alkaline pH diets to essiac tea and barley greens, we are exploring them all on our pancreatic cancer journey.
- The Pancreatic Cancer Diet
- Mom's pancreatic cancer diet has been one largely of trial and error. Gradually we have found a balance that works for her.
- Coping with Cancer
- Coping with Cancer is a part of the pancreatic cancer journey. Somedays we cope well, others not so well. Along the way, we've learned what helps and what doesn't.
- Pancreatic Cancer Caregiver
- Becoming a pancreatic cancer caregiver was never on dad's agenda, but it has become his life these days. Learning to cope in his new role as a caregiver has been like learning a foreign language
- Words of Encouragement for the Pancreatic Cancer Patient
- Words of encouragement are like water for the parched soul of the pancreatic cancer patient. Here are some of our favorite words, quotes and encouragement.
- Pancreatic Cancer Resources Link
- Here you will find valuable links to many of the pancreatic cancer resources that we have used. Many offer guidance, support, awareness and research opportunities.
- About Me and Pancreatic Cancer Journey.com
- The story behind Pancreatic Cancer Journey.com
- The Pancreatic Cancer Journey Blog
- The Pancreatic Cancer Journey Blog is our journal of the struggles, victories, tears and joys we've experienced along the way.
- Contact Us
- Contact us here and share your thoughts, comments or questions about pancreatic cancer.
- Your Tribute
- Share your own tribute to the loved one in your life that is/has battled with pancreatic cancer. Honor their fight, Remember their life. Let their legacy live on in all they have given us...